Resources in Our Community
This page provides links to agencies that may provide services to our residents and the community.
Table of Contents
- A free service that can help identify a variety of local resources.
- Information is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Just dial 211.
- Offers outdoor education and summer camp programming for children.
- (540) 982-1322
- The Roanoke Valley’s Community Service Board, serving adults, children, and families with mental health needs and substance abuse disorders.
- (540) 343-3007
- Offers mental health counseling, case management, and life skills education.
- (540) 563-5316
- Provides services to help older persons remain independent.
- (540) 345-0451
- Can assist with English as a Second Language classes, GED prep and Adult Basic Education, and the National External Diploma Program.
- (540) 375-3056
- Offers help and assistance for intimate partner abuse to you, your children, or someone else in the household, or if someone you know is being abused.
- During daytime hours, call (540) 283-4813.
- For after-hours emergencies, call (540) 580-0775.
- A crisis advocate is available evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The local workforce center. Services include: career coaching, resume/interview preparation, job search and placement assistance, occupational skills training, on-the-job training, and supportive services.
- (540) 562-8442
- Offers college classes as well as shorter-term career certification opportunities.
- (540) 857-8922